What to do with leftover raclette cheese? Put it on sweet, spicy tteokbokki!
Preparation time 10 minutes
Tteokbokki is a Korean traditional food which has sticks of rounded rice cake as the main ingredient. The Korean word "tteok" stands for rice cake and "bokki" for something fried. It greatly goes together with Raclette cheese.
Ingredients (for 2 portions)
- 1 packet of Sweet & Spicy Rice Cakes
- 2 slices raclette cheese
- 1 boiled egg
How it's done
- Rinse rice cakes in cold water.
- Add 180 ml of water, rice cakes, sweet & spicy sauce and dried vegetable toppings into a sauce pan.
- Boil for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking to the bottom of the pan, until the rice cakes become soft and the sauce thick.
- Lower heat and add raclette cheese slices on top. Cover pot with lid and wait until cheese has melted.
- Add the egg miso liquid to the noodles and mix quickly until the sauce comes together thick and creamy.
- Serve with a boiled egg.
Sweet dreams are made of cheese!
Recipe and photos by Janine Lee