Can't decide whether you want Korean, Italian or Japanese for dinner? Why not both!
Total time 10 minutes
Korea meets Italy. The classic from Italian cuisine combined with Korean kim chi, which gives the dish a slightly pleasant spiciness and a little pep. Give the recipe a try - it's worth it!
Ingredients (for 2 portions)
- 500g udon noodles
- 3 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 200g kimchi
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp white miso paste
- Optional Black Pepper Powder
- Optional topping: kimchi, chopped scallions, egg yolk
How it's done
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook udon noodles according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, quickly stir-fry the kimchi with the vegetable oil in a separate pan.
- As the noodles and the kimchi are cooking, stir together the eggs and the miso paste until well combined.
- When the noodles are done cooking, transfer them with pliers to the pan with the stir-fried kimchi. Remove from heat.
- Add the egg miso liquid to the noodles and mix quickly until the sauce comes together thick and creamy.
- Serve on plates and top with additional kimchi, scallions and egg yolk. Enjoy!
Recipe and photos by Janine Lee